Level III Admission to the Education Program
1. Admitted to Level II during the previous semester
2. Maintained a minimum cumulative GPA and earned a "C-" or higher in all courses required for the major(s) and for teacher licensure (i.e. courses required for each major and endorsement program, math competency, both science courses, all education courses, etc.).
3. Met the state's requirement for mathematics competency (with a grade of "C-" or higher):
o Elementary (K-6):
A. Math 116 Math for Elementary Teachers (or a higher level mathematics class)
4. Met the science requirement for Teacher Education students (with a grade of "C-" or higher): completion of at least one physical science course and one biological science course.
5. Met all Iowa Department of Education and Simpson Teacher Education Program competency requirements.
6. Met all college graduation requirements including Writing, Foreign Language, and Global Awareness Competencies.
7. Completed the student teaching assignment(s) with a "P" (passing) grade.
8. Received positive recommendations from the college student teaching supervisor(s) in conjunction with the mentoring teacher(s), the Education Department, and the Teacher Education Committee. The Education Department Chair makes the official licensure recommendation.
Due: Upon completion of all college and Education Department requirements, students may submit a completed licensure application to the Education Department secretary; attach a cashier’s check or money order for the amount specified. The college must submit your licensure application; you cannot apply directly to the State Department of Education.